Cycle to Work Guarantee: an employer's guide
This Cycle to Work Guarantee Toolkit is a part of the Cycle to Work Guarantee Scheme, a voluntary initiative from the Department for Transport, challenging businesses to become cycle friendly employers by making it easy for staff to cycle to and from work.
Date Published: February 2010
The Guarantee requires businesses to commit to providing the following five facilities to their employees:
- Storing: Secure, safe, and accessible bike parking facilities for all staff who want them.
- Changing: Good quality changing and locker facilities for all staff who want them.
- Buying: Offset the cost of cycling equipment and save on the tax through the ‘Cycle to Work Scheme’.
- Repairing: Bike repair for cyclists on or near site.
- Inspiring: Training, reward and incentive programmes to achieve targets for more cycling.
The Toolkit presents an employer’s guide, helping them to fulfil the five pledges of the Guarantee, thus effectively committing to be cycle friendly.
The Toolkit can be downloaded in four different formats. The long Toolkit contains important information and guidance for fulfilling the pledges, supplemented with case studies and good practice examples.
The short Toolkit lists the pledges and provides the cycling maps of three cities: Derby, Newcastle and Cambridge.
A version of the short Toolkit that can be ‘personalised’ to show the cycling map of your area can be downloaded here. To create the map, follow the instructions at the bottom of the Power Point document.
If you have advanced IT and printing facilities, please contact to obtain a high resolution version of the short Toolkit.
For more information please contact